HTML & CSS
Are you looking to get into web development but don't know where to start? Our two day HTML & CSS course will give you everything you need to know to start creating websites from scratch.
HTML and CSS are at the core of any website, so understanding exactly how they work and how they work together to create interactive and responsive web content, is the main focus of this course.
During the two days, we'll build up your knowledge in the syntax and terminology involved in HTML 5 and how to correctly display any type of content. We’ll then look at how to incorporate external resources within your HTML document and how to structure your document and files so that styles can be applied effectively.
You'll learn how to use CSS to add colour and design to your page, work with font and the different methods available to manipulate the layout of your content. We’ll show you the tricks of the trade that will allow you to write your CSS, so that you can style your page exactly how you want, with the minimum amount of code required.
You will also gain knowledge in the techniques and frameworks available to help you create responsive websites, so that your sites will look as though they had been designed specifically for mobile, tablet and desktop displays.
Our HTML & CSS course is available as a private training option.
By the end of the course you will know how to add any type of content to your website and how to manipulate the presentation of that content to allow your users to access your site with ease through any device.
HTML & CSSPrivateClassroom Course
We'll share best practice, covering the different HTML tags, how to structure your HTML document and how to use CSS to create a responsive design for desktop, mobile and tablet view.
What will I learn?
- Understand about the different HTML tags and when to use them
- How to structure your HTML document to allow styles to be applied efficiently
- Create simple and compound styles
- How to use CSS to create a responsive design
- Use frameworks to help create beautiful websites quickly
Why should I take this course?
- Text editors and software setups
- HTML 5 document overview
- HTML tags
- How to structure your HTML content
- Simple and complex styles
- Font and colour
- Class and id selectors
- CSS comments
- Block and inline elements
- The box model
- Absolute and relative
- Creating a simple navbar
- Rollover, focus and selected styles
- Further navbar styling
- Linking between pages
- Creating your own responsive design
- The Bootstrap framework
- Bootstrap 12 column layout
- Using Bootstrap resources on your site