Getting started with Google Kubernetes Engine
Learn how to deploy, manage and scale containerized applications on Kubernetes, powered by Google Cloud on this one day instructor led course.
From understanding container basics through to deploying applications, we’ll help show you how to get started with Google Kuberbetes Engine.
Jellyfish has been selected by Google to facilitate the delivery of this one-day course.
The day will start with an introduction to containers, Docker, and the Google Container Registry.
You’ll learn to how to containerize workloads in Docker containers, deploy them to Kubernetes clusters provided by Google Kubernetes Engine, and scale those workloads to handle increased traffic.
We’ll also cover how to continuously deploy new code in a Kubernetes cluster to provide application updates.
This Getting started with Google Kubernetes Engine is available at our training centre in The Shard, London.
We also offer private training for your team, which is available upon request. You can view our full range of Google Cloud training courses here.
Getting started with Google Kubernetes Engine1 day Classroom Course
This course is intended for the following participants:
- Application developers, Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers, IT managers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
By the end of the day you’ll be equipped to create and manage Kubernetes deployments and build a continuous delivery pipeline.
What will I learn?
- Explain the basics of containers
- Containerize an existing application
- Describe Kubernetes concepts and principles
- Deploy applications to Kubernetes using the CLI
- Create continuous delivery pipelines using Spinnaker and/or Jenkins
To get the most out of this course you should have basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments, as well as Web server.
It's recommended you also have Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
- Create a container
- Package a container using Docker
- Store a container image in Google Container Registry
- Launch a Docker container
- Provision a complete Kubernetes cluster using Kubernetes Engine
- Deploy and manage Docker containers using kubectl
- Break an application into microservices using Kubernetes’ Deployments and Services
- Create a Kubernetes deployment
- Trigger, pause, resume, and rollback updates
- Understand and build canary deployments
- Provision Spinnaker or Jenkins in your Kubernetes cluster
- Manage application code in a source repository that can trigger code changes to a continuous delivery pipeline
- Create a continuous delivery pipeline and start it manually or automatically with a code change
- Implement a canary deployment that hosts two versions of your application in production for release testing
Upcoming CoursesView all
Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine
Our trainers are all seasoned experts that have extensive experience working in the industry. They will be happy to answer questions, on the day or post training as part of our ongoing support.
Food & Drink
We pride ourselves on providing our attendees with high quality food and refreshments. Both are available throughout the day and we cater for any dietary requirements for you.