Networking in GCP
Learn how to design, develop and manage cloud networking solutions to drive business objectives on this two-day training course.
Learn the core infrastructure and networking options on Google Cloud Platform.
As a trusted Google Cloud partner, Jellyfish has been selected by Google to facilitate the delivery of this two-day instructor led course that will give you a broad overview of networking solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
You’ll learn how to explore and deploy GCP networking technologies, such as Google Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks, subnets, firewalls, interconnection among networks, load balancing, Cloud DNS, and Cloud CDN.
The course also covers common network design patterns and automated deployment using Cloud Deployment Manager.
This Networking on Google Cloud Platform is available at our training centre in The Shard, London. You can view our full range of Google Cloud training courses here.
Networking in GCP2 day Classroom Course
This course is intended for the following:
- Network Engineers and Network Admins who are either using Google Cloud Platform or planning to do so
- Individuals want to be exposed to software-defined networking solutions in the cloud
By the end of the day you’ll have a deeper understanding of the main networking infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform and how you can use these solutions to achieve business objectives.
What will I learn?
- Configure Google VPC networks, subnets, and routers
- Control administrative access to VPC objects
- Control network access to endpoints in VPCs
- Interconnect networks among GCP projects
- Interconnect networks among GCP VPC networks and on-premises or other-cloud networks
- Choose among GCP load balancer and proxy options and configure them
- Use Cloud CDN to reduce latency and save money
- Optimise network spend using Network Tiers
- Deploy networks declaratively using Cloud Deployment Manager
- Design networks to meet common customer requirements
- Configure monitoring and logging to troubleshoot networks problems
- Recall that networks belong to projects
- Explain the differences among default, auto, and custom networks
- Create networks and subnets
- Explain how IPv4 addresses are assigned to Compute Engine instances
- Publish domain names using Cloud DNS
- Create Compute Engine instances with IP aliases
- Create Compute Engine instances with multiple virtual network interfaces
- Outline how IAM policies affect VPC networks
- Control access to network resources using service accounts
- Control access to Compute Engine instances with tag-based firewall rules
- Outline the overall workflow for configuring shared VPC
- Differentiate between the IAM roles that allow network resources to be managed
- Configure peering between unrelated VPC networks
- Recall when to use shared VPC and when to use VPC peering
- Recall the various load balancing services
- Configure Layer 7 HTTP(S) load balancing
- Whitelist and blacklist IP traffic with Cloud Armor
- Cache content with Cloud CDN
- Configure internal load balancing
- Determine which GCP load balancer to use when
- Recall the GCP interconnect and peering services available to connect your infrastructure to GCP
- Explain Dedicated Interconnect and Partner Interconnect
- Describe the workflow for configuring a Dedicated Interconnect
- Build a connection over a VPN with Cloud Router
- Determine which GCP interconnect service to use when
- Explain Direct Peering and Partner Peering
- Determine which GCP peering service to use when
- Recognize how networking features are charged for
- Use Network Service Tiers to optimise spend
- Determine which Network Service Tier to use when
- Recall that labels can be used to understand networking spend
- Explain common network design patterns
- Automate the deployment of networks using Deployment Manager
- Launch networking solutions using Cloud Marketplace
- Configure uptime checks, alerting policies, and charts for your network services
- Use VPC Flow Logs to log and analyse network traffic behaviour
Upcoming CoursesView all
Networking in Google Cloud Platform
Our trainers are all seasoned experts that have extensive experience working in the industry. They will be happy to answer questions, on the day or post training as part of our ongoing support.
Food & Drink
We pride ourselves on providing our attendees with high quality food and refreshments. Both are available throughout the day and we cater for any dietary requirements for you.