Digital Consumer Marketing Online Course
This fully supported, 10-week online training course, delivered by our partners Red & Yellow, gives you a solid foundation of integrated marketing fundamentals and the skills required to develop big ideas and a solid pathway to brand success.
Digital Consumer MarketingOnline8 modules
At the end of the course, you’ll have everything you need to create a solid marketing strategy that will enhance performance and help you meet your business goals.
As well as learning critical marketing theory, you’ll be working on assignments that not only ensure you embed the knowledge, but can also learn how to apply and implement in real life.
What will I learn?
- Understand the tactical and strategic role that marketing plays in achieving long-term business objectives
- Assess the strategic fit of your organisation by examining internal and external forces that influence success
- Appreciate the role that marketing research plays in identifying consumer needs and identifying effective research methodologies
- Understand the role of customer-driven marketing strategies
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the intertwined nature of the marketing mix elements
Why should I take this course?
- Overview of key marketing terms, concepts and jargon
- The importance of value creation
- Tactical and strategic role of marketing in meeting business objectives
- The basic functions of marketing efforts
- External and internal marketing environments
- PESTLE and SWOT analysis
- Internal and external company insights and how to analyse
- Basic market research, including quantitative and qualitative, and primary and secondary research
- Differences between business and consumer markets
- The consumer decision-making process
- The principles of segmentation
- Components of target marketing
- Positioning and positioning maps
- The BCG matrix
- Product development strategies
- Product and brand extensions
- Addressing customer needs
- Pricing strategies
- Perceived value in price setting
- Pricing decision influences
- Value networks and value creation in distribution networks
- Distribution networks
- Promotion in the marketing mix
- Marketing channel evaluation
- How to create a multi-channel marketing strategy
- How to have a good client-agency working relationship
- Getting consumer feedback
- Brand ambassadors
- The importance of corporate social responsibility
- Diffusion of innovation model
How the course works
- 8 modules (1 per week)
- 8 assignments (1 per week, mix of quizzes and written questions)
- 1 research project (completed over the duration of the course)
- 8-10 hours of study per week (including reading the course notes, further research and assignments)
- The first week is dedicated to orientation. You'll get to familiarise yourself with the online learning platform, understand how everything works and meet the team that'll support you during this upskilling process. Then in weeks 2-10, you'll start delving into the learning modules.
- 16th September 2019
Online Learning USPs
Access the course content from anywhere in the world and participate in live chat sessions, forums and discussions. All assignments are designed to give you skills that you can immediately apply in the workplace.
Red & Yellow
All of the online courses delivered by our partner Red & Yellow offer part-time flexibility and are fully supported by a course coordinator, so you can focus on what matters – the learning.