SEO Online Course
On this fully supported, 10-week SEO online training course delivered by our partners Red & Yellow, you’ll gain an understanding of how search engines work and what criteria they use for indexing and ranking content.
Designed with busy professionals in mind, this course provides the freedom to learn independently, but with full support. By the end of the course you’ll have the basic skills to improve your websites search engine rankings.
What will I learn?
- Understand the complexities of SEO and how to achieve high rankings for your website
- Know what is required for websites to maximise search engine visibility
- Appreciate the importance of optimised content to ensure visibility
- Be able to use the right metrics for measuring your SEO initiatives
- Understand how SEO can help influence your customers’ buying cycle and purchase decisions
Why should I take this course?
- How search engines work
- The SEO process
- Factors that affect ranking
- How search engines approach various coding languages
- Best practice for link creation
- The importance of sitemaps
- How user experience ties into SEO
- Potential SEO problems
- The role of content in SEO
- Keyword planning and research feed
- Creating and optimising content for SEO
- Images and video
- Local, mobile, social and voice search
- Why links are important
- How links and pages are evaluated
- Basic and content-based link-building strategies
- Identify common problems
- Assess relevant SEO factors on your site
- Present your findings
- Traffic and conversion metrics
- Ranking and search engine metrics
- SEO projects, processes, and outputs
- Trends in search
- How to decide on the nature of your reports
- Define goals and a reporting framework
- How to automate your reports
How the course works
- 8 modules (1 per week)
- 8 assignments (1 per week, mix of quizzes and written questions)
- 1 research project (completed over the duration of the course)
- 6 hours of study per week (including reading the course notes, further research and assignments)
- The first week is dedicated to familiarising yourself with the online learning platform (virtual classroom) and meet the team that’ll support you during this upskilling process. Then in weeks 2-10, you'll start delving into the learning modules.
- 22nd July 2019
Online Learning USPs
Access the course content from anywhere in the world and participate in live chat sessions, forums and discussions. All assignments are designed to give you skills that you can immediately apply in the workplace.
Red & Yellow
All of the online courses delivered by our partner Red & Yellow offer part-time flexibility and are fully supported by a course coordinator, so you can focus on what matters – the learning.