This course will create a thinking step-change for you, inspired by exploring the profound changes emerging in the fourth industrial revolution.
You'll experience and explore tools and techniques which will enable you to not only survive, but thrive under the increasing pressures exerted in the digital workplace, and will leave the session with a kitbag of tools and behavioral approaches which will enable you and your team to manage and bounce back from daily challenges.
We'll focus on empowering you to build a new vision and strategy for your organization utilizing the Three Horizons model developed by the Futures Forum. Here, shareholder returns were shown to be markedly improved in companies who looked five years out and beyond in their planning cycles (85% vs 47%). The Three Horizons approach will enable you to stimulate visions and strategies born out of the future (‘future-back thinking’).
Where appropriate, brand essence and positioning or organizational values and culture focuses can also be adopted in the session.
This Visionary Thinking in the Digital Age course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom or at a location of your choice in Australia.
Who should attend:
If you’re a leader, senior manager or part of a leadership team, and are serious about making the changes required so that you and your business can thrive and grow in the digital age, then this course is for you.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a vision and strategy for your organization or team built out of future-first thinking
- Understand the key disruptive changes brought about by the fourth industrial revolution and how they impact creating a vision which is differentiated, compelling, and genuinely future-focused
- Use and develop the key skills required to build a vision in the digital age and an ability to enhance behaviors to develop these skills
- Use tools to build, ingrain and maintain your vision in a VUCA world
- The latest thinking on how the digital revolution is impacting organizations leveraging research from the World Economic Forum and a number of the world’s top 20 business schools
- Why a different style of leadership and vision is required in a world without certainty
- What’s different about creating a vision for the digital age?
- The key attributes of the digital leader: from heroic leader to matrix leader
- What are your core values, beliefs and thinking styles?
- Are these congruent with leadership in the digital age?
- Evolving your beliefs and thinking styles for leadership excellence
- The power of 71 brainstorm (Negative and Reasons to Believe)
- The Motivation to move: Dangers vs. opportunities experiential session
- ‘What you stand for’ brainstorm
- Managerial mode: Managing today and incremental improvements in efficiency and effectiveness
- Visionary: What is emerging over the future horizon
- Entrepreneurial: The short to medium term future, encompassing new opportunities and innovation
- Reflect on your personal learning
- Create your kitbag for developing and maintaining your digital vision