Jellyfish recognizes that it has a responsibility to the environment and is committed to reducing the business’s environmental impact and increasing sustainable development as a guiding principle.
Concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of this commitment and in 2020 Jellyfish became certified to ISO 14001:2015 and have upheld the certification.
Jellyfish seeks to continually improve the Environmental Management System (EMS) to enhance our environmental performance, will conduct business operations with respect and consideration for the environment and will encourage customers, suppliers and stakeholders to do the same.
The purpose of this policy is to promote sustainability and environmental awareness at all levels of the business and aims to ensure that Jellyfish:
- Comply with all relevant regulatory and other environmental requirements
- Monitors and improves environmental performance
- Reviews progress toward environmental objectives
- Reduces environmental impacts with a focus on reducing waste and energy use
- Increases employee awareness of environmental issues
- Integrates the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into decision-making and activities
- Communicates environmental commitment to clients and the public and encourage them to support it
The Environmental and Sustainability Policy and the broader scope of Environmental Management include:
- Identifying environmental problems and finding solutions
- Controlling environmental pollution
- Reducing the impact the business has on the environment
4. Environmental and Sustainability Policy
This policy is endorsed by the Chief Financial Officer and approved by the Environmental Officer The ISO Steering Group review the Environmental Management System and consider and develop opportunities for continual improvement at least annually and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the program.
Jellyfish aims to reduce the impact its operations has on the environment and will focus on:
- Promoting responsibility for the environment
- Communicating and implementing this policy at all levels within the workplace
- Reducing emissions from energy consumption and business travel and enthuse everyone in the business to do so
- Minimizing waste production; maximizing the reuse and recycling of materials
- Reducing the use of water and other resources
- Using the most sustainable means of travel by implementing a sustainable travel policy
- Procuring goods and services which are environmentally, socially and economically sustainable
- Positively influence the supply chain through the implementation of our sustainable procurement policy
- Maintaining appropriate emergency and environmental Incident programs
- Continually improving the Environmental Management System
- Maintaining a register of MS Document: Environmental Aspects and Risk Evaluation relevant to our processes, products and services
- Meeting compliance obligations
- Communicating openly about incidents that affect the environment. In case of an emergency, this includes a description of the remediation
- Providing awareness training, advice and information for employees and encouraging them to develop new ideas and initiatives
- Minimize the environmental impact of marketing events considering the above commitments and implement environmental events guidelines where possible
- Providing appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy
5. Managing and Reporting Environmental Impacts
Jellyfish will monitor and manage the environmental impacts of business activities including:
- Business travel
- Energy usage
- Waste and recycling
6. Jellyfish Objectives
- Assess Jellyfish’s Greenhouse gas emissions with the intention of using carbon off-setting schemes in the future
- Maintain environmental regulatory compliance
- Deliver regular environmental awareness updates and training to employees
Jellyfish communicates this policy, our environmental performance and other relevant environmental information to employees
Jellyfish consider employee suggestions to improve environmental performance and implement these where practicable.
8. International Environmental Standard ISO 14001
This policy forms part of the commitment to continuous environmental improvement and maintaining ISO 14001 accreditation.
Jellyfish will continue to fulfil the requirements of the standard and provide the necessary resources to do so