This three-day course uses lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental resources to show you how to design, install, manage, and scale your Apigee API Platform.
You’ll learn the Apigee hybrid architecture, and develop an understanding of the Apigee hybrid terminology and organizational model. By installing Apigee hybrid, you’ll get to implement scenarios to manage, scale, and monitor the software components that make up the hybrid platform.
By the end of the session, you’ll be able to help accelerate time to value, minimize dependency on third-party solutions and be able to provide support for Apigee hybrid, enabling scale up on platform as API programs grow.
Our Managing Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform for Hybrid Cloud course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom or at a location of your choice in South Africa.
Who should attend:
This course is suitable for Cloud architects and Cloud engineers.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and value of Apigee API Platform
- Describe basic concepts and capabilities of Google Cloud, Kubernetes, REST and Anthos
- Discuss Apigee API Platform architecture and recommended practices for topology design
- Explain Apigee terminology and logical organizational structures
- Install Apigee hybrid on Google Kubernetes Engine
- Discuss infrastructure security, user access management, data storage and encryption practices used in Apigee hybrid
- Manage environments in Apigee hybrid
- Discuss capacity planning and scale runtime components in the hybrid runtime plane
- Describe the upgrade and rollback process used for the Apigee hybrid installation
- Troubleshoot and monitor the hybrid runtime plane components using logs, metrics, and analytics
To get the most out of this course, you should have:
- Familiarity with Linux command and command line interface
- A basic understanding of Google Cloud
- A basic understanding of GKE
- A basic understanding of Networking
- A basic understanding of shell script, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, and TLS
- Describe the Apigee API management platform, and the services and features it provides
- Describe basic concepts and the capabilities of Google Cloud, Kubernetes, REST, and Anthos
- Describe the architecture and networking used in Apigee hybrid and the various components that are used to operate the runtime plane
- Describe the terminology, organizational structure, and the management API used in Apigee hybrid
- Describe the process involved in installing Apigee hybrid
- Describe the tools and commands used to configure and manage the components of the hybrid runtime plane
- Perform an install of the runtime plane on Google Kubernetes Engine
- Manage environments and API proxy deployments in Apigee hybrid
- Add a new environment to your hybrid runtime plane in Google Kubernetes Engine
- Determine how hybrid runtime components communicate securely within the runtime plane, and with the hybrid management plane in Google Cloud
- Describe how data is encrypted, and how you can use role-based access control to manage user access in Apigee hybrid
- Determine how to plan capacity for the hybrid runtime plane
- Scale the hybrid runtime components
- Upgrade an Apigee hybrid installation to a new release of the software distribution
- Discuss rolling updates, and how to roll back an upgraded Apigee hybrid installation to the previous release
- Explain how the Apigee runtime plane generates logs, metrics and analytics data
- Monitor the health of Apigee hybrid runtime plane components, and troubleshoot issues with those components, using logs and metrics data