A good social media strategy is essential for developing your brand’s social media identity, which will ultimately help it stand out from the crowd.
From gathering audience, brand and market insight and determining SMART objectives to understanding how to build audience-first content pillars, this one-day course will give you the skills you need to conceptualize and create a plan for social media success.
During the session, we’ll cover comprehensive methods to inform both organic and paid social media activity, and look at the different tools you can use to inform and develop your strategy. These are key elements you’ll use when it comes to gathering robust data to benchmark, measure, optimize and track performance.
The session will focus around the full digital marketing funnel, which means you’ll start off planning activities that drive impact and brand consideration, and finish up by targeting audiences to take action. You’ll also learn exactly why a brand’s social media identity is important, and how to beat the competition across different platforms.
Our Social Media Strategy course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom or at a location of your choice in Australia.
Who should attend:
This course is for people already using social media for online marketing, such as managing Facebook pages, Instagram feeds and Pinterest dashboards. If you’re looking to build on or improve existing social campaigns (both paid and organic), then this is the course for you.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how social media ties into your wider marketing strategy
- Develop a robust social media plan
- Recognize best tactics for platform, channel, content and ad campaigns
- Use different tools and platforms
- Critique and optimize social media activity to drive and measure performance
- Tools and techniques on how to gather relevant audience, brand and market data to inform your strategy
- Brand social media audits – what to consider
- Audience mapping – data gathering and segmentation
- Competitor analysis – benchmarks
- Market and trend tracking – what to watch out for
- Align social media objectives with business goals
- The role of social media in business
- The strategic role of each platform
- Building a content strategy for social media
- Develop content pillars for social media activity
- Determine appropriate tactics and formats for your social media activity
- Partnership considerations: Creator, Influencer, KOL and brand
- Brand identity – getting it right on social
- Developing a cut through tone of voice
- Building and nurturing a community
- Metrics that matter
- Using data to inform a social media strategy
- Social media listening