Email continues to deliver more ROI than any other marketing channel. But the key to leveraging this success lies in understanding the basics first.
This one-day course is split into seven key sections, covering everything you need to know to get your email marketing up and running.
We’ll cover everything from design and copywriting to segmenting your subscribers. You’ll learn how to get more of your emails into the inbox and how to continuously optimize your campaigns. As you work through each module in the course, you’ll be putting what you’ve learned into action by designing and building your very own email.
Our Email Marketing course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom or at a location of your choice in the US.
Who should attend:
Our Email Marketing course is the perfect first step into the world of email marketing. If you’re a digital marketer, this course will help you gain a deeper understanding of email marketing best practices, create a successful email marketing strategy, and improve performance to achieve strong results.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand email design and functionality best practices
- Segment your database in a meaningful way
- Improve your email performance and deliverability
- Build an effective email within an ESP
- Start optimizing your email campaigns with a test and learn approach
- The role of email
- Why email marketing is still important
- Determining campaign goals
- GDPR in the EU and UK
- How this impacts email marketing
- List management and maintenance
- Growing your database
- How to segment your data
- Email design best practices
- Copywriting for email
- Creative considerations
- Device consistency & QA
- Optimize your emails for opens
- Sender name best practice
- Optimizing your preheader and subject lines
- Call to action (CTA) best practice
- Advancing your emails: personalization, dynamic content and more
- Protecting your reputation
- Defining IP addresses
- How content impacts deliverability
- Campaign performance
- Email performance and health metrics
- Test and learn recommendations
- Build your own email throughout the day as we complete each section of the course
Mastering email marketing is just one of many steps you can take to make your brand stand out from the rest. If you’re looking to streamline your copy and solidify your tone of voice, check out our Copywriting, Branding and Tone of Voice course.