Product Owners need to have a solid understanding of how to drive the delivery of value. Without good leadership and willingness to make tough trade-offs, Scrum projects are likely to fail.
On our Scrum Product Owner course, you’ll learn about the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the product owner. We’ll discuss how this role goes beyond writing user stories or managing a product backlog.
The aim of this course is to help you prepare to pass the PSPO1 certification exam, which demonstrates an intermediate understanding of the Scrum framework, and how to apply it to maximize the value delivered with a product. By achieving the PSPO1 certificate, you’ll be exhibiting a dedication to continued professional development and a high level of commitment to your field of practice.
This Scrum Product Owner course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom or at a location of your choice in Australia.
Who should attend:
This course is for product managers and business analysts who are responsible for customer products and ongoing product accountabilities, and are looking for concrete techniques to implement. It would also benefit operational managers and project sponsors. Knowledge of Scrum principles and practices is required to attend this course.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the role and responsibilities of a product owner
- Use the Scrum framework concepts, theory, practices, and core values
- Capture user stories, and develop and refine a product backlog through sprints
- Define a vision and product ownership through interaction with the Scrum team to create high-value products
- Monitor and present progress to different types of stakeholders
The Scrum Product Owner course is aligned to the Professional Scrum Product Owner certification from Scrum.Org. After completing this two-day course, you’ll be emailed an online voucher to take the Professional Scrum Product Owner PSP01 examination, which can be sat with Scrum.Org any time after attending the course. The Professional Scrum Product Owner exam results and certification will be issued by Scrum.Org.
- The Agile manifesto
- What flexes?
- How does this work in Scrum?
- The development team
- The Scrum master
- The product owner
- How do the roles work together?
- Managing the vision
- Qualities of a successful vision
- Areas of stakeholder value
- Why use user stories?
- Investing in excellent user stories
- Handling epics
- Utilizing personas and themes
- Definition of ready
- Owning the PBL
- Going deeper into a PBL
- Precision vs. accuracy
- Units of estimations
- Agile estimating
- Prioritization Techniques
- Burndown charts
- Kanban boards