With localised results being a key part of many Google searches, understanding how to gain a presence in maps and local listings is essential for any business trying to attract local customers.
On our Local SEO training course, you'll learn how to optimise your website to take advantage of localised search. Our highly experienced trainers will help you understand the key general principles of SEO as well as the tactics, tools and opportunities that make local search different.
This beginner-level course provides an excellent introduction to SEO, covering all of the basic knowledge and fundamental techniques needed to run a local search campaign. As well as the basics of SEO, we'll look at other important considerations for local search, including local ranking factors, optimising local store pages, optimising your Google Business Profile, local Schema, and building local links and citations.
Our Local SEO course is delivered via Virtual Classroom. We also offer it as a private training session that can be delivered virtually or at a location of your choice in the UK.
Who should attend:
This course will suit both small local business owners and marketing professionals from larger, multi-locational brands, who want to make the most of their local presence.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how search engines work, including key local ranking factors
- Identify different opportunities within local search results
- Develop and optimise page content for local search
- Explain the importance of local backlinks and citations and how to build them
- Use Google Business Profile to optimise your local map and search presence
- What is Local SEO?
- Why is it important?
- The Local Pack and Map results
- Localised organic listings
- Local search ranking factors
- General ranking factors
- How to conduct keyword research
- Building out local pages
- Using local schema markup
- Site structure and internal linking
- Optimising URLs
- Page titles and meta descriptions
- Page Headings and H tags
- Image alt tags
- Search and the customer journey
- Researching your audience's interests
- Creating an account
- Managing multiple locations
- Optimising your listing
- Google posts
- Acquiring Google reviews
- Non-Google reviews
- Citations and how to build them
- Link building considerations
- Link earning ideas