Backlinks are a critical, but much misunderstood, component of search engine optimisation (SEO). High-quality and relevant backlinks are the fuel that powers your website in search.
This one-day course examines the do’s and don'ts of link acquisition and the digital PR tactics required to develop and promote linkable content.
You’ll learn the fundamentals of how links work, how to spot good and bad link opportunities and then the outreach, content marketing and digital PR skills needed to encourage other websites to link to your content and build site authority.
Whether you’re from an SEO, digital marketing or PR background, our expert instructors will take you through everything you need to know, all based on the real-world tactics Jellyfish uses to deliver link earning PR campaigns for some of the world’s leading brands.
Our Link Building & Digital PR course is available at our training centre in The Shard, London or via virtual classroom. We also offer private training at a location of your choice across the UK, globally or online. Want to know more? Check out our full range of SEO courses.
Who should attend:
This course has been designed for anybody who has an interest in developing and promoting web content, particularly in the context of delivering PR coverage and links. If you’re in SEO, PR, or digital marketing and need to boost website authority and performance, then this course is for you.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what backlinks are, why they are important and which links are best for boosting SEO performance
- Analyse your own site’s backlink profile and opportunities for improvement
- Understand the role played by content marketing and digital PR in a web marketing strategy
- Develop successful digital PR campaigns, including developing linkable content, creating media assets and implementing successful outreach strategies
- Track and measure performance for link building and digital PR campaigns
- What is a backlink?
- Why are links important?
- What makes a good link?
- Understanding link metrics
- Quality, diversity and relevance in your link profile
- Spotting the good, the bad and the ugly
- Backlink analysis tools
- How link building has changed
- Techniques for acquiring links
- Foundational link building tactics
- How digital PR fits into your marketing strategy
- Understanding how digital PR can power your SEO
- Traditional vs. digital PR
- How to build a digital PR campaign
- Understanding the news landscape
- Finding inspiration for digital PR campaigns
- What do journalists want and how to pitch ideas
- Creating media assets that get attention
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Campaign inspiration, what has worked for others
- Finding the right contacts for pitching
- Outreach do’s and don'ts
- How to measure the success of your campaign
- Metrics for success
- Measurement tools and resources
Developing site authority through links is one of the core components of SEO, however good organic search performance also relies on the quality of your content and having a technically robust website. To learn more on these topics, check out the Content Strategy & Copywriting for SEO course and the Technical SEO course.