This course covers the essentials you need in order to master this user-friendly tag management solution.
All of our instructors are expert practitioners and have a vast amount of experience in the implementation, management and auditing of a number of GTM accounts for Jellyfish clients, so this course has been designed to share our knowledge with you.
The course will show you how to set up your GTM server-side on the cloud, and how to take control of your marketing analytics and quickly deploy tags on your site. We’ll help you dissect each part of the GTM tool, including the more advanced features and functionality.
Our Server-side Tagging with Google Tag Manager course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom, at our training centre in The Shard, or at a location of your choice in the UK.
Who should attend:
This course is for marketers or web developers who consider themselves intermediate Google Tag Manager (GTM) users and who are looking to take advantage of the cloud to run their Tag Manager container. We’ll show you how GTM improves analytics deployment without the need to rely on your IT teams, so you can take control, implement your marketing tags and meet your campaign deadlines.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Set up and configure Google Tag Manager server-side
- Understand the concept and benefits of running your Tag Manager on Google Cloud
- Implement tags on your website in accordance with best practice
- Describe the benefits and limitations of the Google Tag Manager interface
- Streamline an implementation process and be confident in knowing when to review and approve tags
- Client-side vs server-side tagging
- How to set up your server-side Tag Manager container on the cloud
- Tags, triggers, variables and template
- User interface and management
- Testing your server-side environment
- Understanding GTM server-side clients and how to use them
- Google Analytics 4 tags (configuration and events)
- Google Analytics 4 (parameters and user properties)
- Facebook tag implementation
- What is App Engine?
- Upgrading your environment to production
- Optimising cost on the cloud
- Consolidating incoming traffic
- Manage versions in Google Tag Manager
- Preview the implementation. Debug possible errors or issues
- Push live / Review to guarantee accurate data