To survive and thrive, organisations need to have leaders who understand and can implement genuine innovation, and deliver ground-breaking new products and services on a sustained basis.
The Design Thinking approach, tools and processes you’ll learn on this one-day course are the life-blood of ideas at organisations like Apple and Toyota, and are instrumental to their success.
The session will give you the all-important foundations to be able to create truly innovative solutions, which are built out of customer needs and stakeholder aspirations, and which your customers, colleagues and management buy and love.
The course is facilitated by experts in innovation and behavioural change who have extensive experience as c-suite leaders in business. They’ll draw on leading-edge research and the latest behavioural science to provide a highly experiential course that will inspire profound leadership development.
This Innovation and Design Thinking course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom, at our training centre in The Shard, or at a location of your choice in the UK.
Who should attend:
If you’re a leader, senior manager or part of a leadership team, and are serious about making the changes required so that you and your business can thrive and grow in the digital age, then this course is for you.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Thoroughly understand the design thinking process
- Create the process and culture for innovation in your organisation
- Use tools to build a culture of emotional safety and encourage innovation and effective risk-taking
- Use and develop skills to identify and evaluate opportunities using customer needs analysis
- Create product specifications based on customer needs that are viable and compelling
- Develop compelling concepts through applied creativity
- Use a proven model to test product or service prototypes
- Design to maximise rich customer experience within profitability and sustainability frameworks
- Being solution-focused: cultures of safety and experimentation
- Understanding the opportunity: The 6 fundamentals of the Real-Win-Worth framework
- Setting frameworks and benchmarks
- Harnessing inspiration
- Experiential session – applying your learning to your current design challenge
- Empathic design
- Customer needs and markets analysis tools
- Translating customer needs into measurable speciﬁcations
- Brainstorming approaches and their value in creative thinking
- Ideation utilising divergent and convergent thinking
- Ideation for real – experiential session on your current innovation challenge
- Alternative prototyping strategies
- Rapid prototyping and virtual prototyping
- Implementation and measurement
- Commercial assessment tools
- Integral and modular approaches to design
- Design for environment theories
- Sustained and maintained innovation – creating systemic innovation culture and principles
- Reflect on your personal learning
- Create your kitbag for leading innovation in a constantly revolutionising digital marketplace
- Benefit from the diverse knowledge, skills and behaviours of other course participants and solve your real-life innovation challenges using team coaching