Facebook and Instagram are part of the Meta family of apps, and alongside Google, are the go-to platforms for online marketers and advertising spend. This one-day course will cover paid strategies across both channels.
The course is designed for agency, brand or business owners who are already managing Facebook, Instagram and Messenger paid activity, but want to learn how to strategically plan campaigns that are aligned to business goals and objectives.
During the session, you’ll learn how to gather data and insights to determine appropriate objectives, audiences, bids, budgets and creative for your brand or client campaigns. We’ll also help you understand how to forecast results based on research findings.
Our Facebook Advanced: Media Planning course is offered as a private training session that can be delivered virtually or at a location of your choice in the US.
If you’re looking for ‘in-platform’ campaign planning and optimization only, then taking this Media Planning training course is recommended. However, if you’re responsible for managing campaigns end to end, we'd recommend taking both this course and our Facebook Ads: Media Buying course together.
Who should attend:
This course is perfect for you if you’re already planning or running Facebook advertising campaigns, but want to learn how to gather and use data to improve performance.
If you’re completely new to Facebook Advertising, you might want to check out our Introduction to Facebook Advertising course beforehand.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Examine data and insights from different sources to inform paid advertising campaigns
- Formulate KPIs for paid campaigns
- Construct sophisticated paid strategies, considering different business objectives, audience segments, bidding strategies and placements
- Describe creative formats to meet business goals
- Translate and analyze past Meta campaigns to improve strategies
- The changing landscape of social media marketing
- What is media planning?
- Gathering insights and data to inform campaigns
- Different tools and sources you can use
- Building a full funnel measurement plan
- Aligning objectives to the marketing funnel and the wider media mix
- Available objectives and when to use them
- Optimization control best practice
- Scenario-based planning
- Pre set-up considerations: pixel, CAPI, SDK, CRM and Facebook sources
- Different measurement solutions
- How to determine the size of your audience
- Recommend an audience targeting strategy that aligns to campaign objectives
- The difference between Auction, Reach and Frequency, and TRP buying
- Exercise: creating a segment
- Constructing calculated metrics
- Creating custom date ranges
- Advantage Campaign Budget best practice for campaign efficiency
- How to forecast different budgets and bid strategies based on data points
- Know which placements to recommend for your campaigns
- Automatic vs. Advantage+ placements
- Brand safety
- Know when to use different creative formats for different campaign objectives
- Creative sources
- Dynamic Creative Optimization: when to recommend it
- Case studies and best practice
- Metrics that matter
- How to use data and insights to inform campaign planning
- Know how to run effective tests using the experiment tool