Scrum is a framework within which teams collaborate to address complex problems, while productively and creatively delivering high-value products. It’s lightweight and simple to understand, but by no means easy to master.
This course covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master.
Our experienced Scrum trainer will help you prepare to pass the PSM1 certification exam, which demonstrates a fundamental level of Scrum mastery. You’ll gain a consistent understanding of the terminology and approach to Scrum.
By achieving the PSM I certificate, you prove that you understand Scrum as described in the Scrum Guide and how to apply Scrum in Scrum Teams. After the course, there is a self-proctored online PSM1 exam which can be sat at any time after the course has been completed.
This Scrum Master course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom, at our training centre in The Shard, or at a location of your choice in the UK.
Who should attend:
This course is for anyone involved in product and solution development using the Scrum framework. It’s particularly beneficial for business and project professionals who work on projects that require more flexibility and adaptability than a traditional approach.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the Scrum Framework concepts, theory, practices, roles and core values
- Execute sprint ceremonies using Scrum framework and techniques
- Understand how the role of Scrum Master as a servant leader interacts with the Scrum Team, promoting a self-organisation to create high-value products
- Execute sprint ceremonies and techniques to drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development
The Scrum Master course is aligned to the Professional Scrum Master certification from Scrum.Org. After completing this course, you’ll be emailed an online voucher to take the Professional Scrum Master PSM1 examination, which can be sat with Scrum.Org any time after attending the course. The Professional Scrum Master exam results and certification will be issued by Scrum.Org.
- What is Agile?
- Benefits of Agile
- When to use Agile
- Other Agile manifestations
- The Product Backlog
- The Sprint Backlog
- Definition of Done
- Potentially Shippable Product Increments
- What documentation does Scrum recommend?
- The daily Scrum
- Sprint planning
- Facilitate key Scrum ceremonies
- Sprint review
- Sprint retrospective
- Product backlog refinement
- User stories
- Burndown charts
- Technical debt
- Sprint planning
- Estimating and planning poker
- Sprint Burndown charts