Adobe Illustrator CC is the industry-standard programme for creating logos, icons, product design, and posters. It’s used to create graphics that can be resized without compromising on quality.
On this one-day course, you'll learn how to work with shapes, color, effects and typography. We'll teach you how to prepare and optimize your graphics to make them ready for web, print and video.
You’ll also learn how to customize your work space and use shortcuts, leaving the session with a range of tips and tricks that will enable you to work effectively with the powerful toolset that Illustrator provides.
Our Adobe Illustrator course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom or at a location of your choice in Australia.
Who should attend:
If you're currently not in a creative role but want to retrain, or are already part of a digital graphics team and want to develop your knowledge of how to use vector graphics, then this is the course for you.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Customize your work space and art boards, and use layers to organize your interface
- Generate simple and complex graphics by creating and combining shapes
- Work effectively with the pen tool to create and manipulate existing graphics
- Work fluidly with Illustrator’s typography interface to create beautiful text
- Prepare your graphics for whichever file format you require
- Raster vs vector graphics
- What is Adobe Illustrator?
- Course overview and learning outcomes
- Color space
- Art boards
- Lines and fills
- Creating shapes
- Combining shapes
- Selection tools
- The basics
- Adding and removing points
- Completing shapes
- Color selections
- Color themes
- Point and area text objects
- Typography interface
- Text on path
- Converting text to path
- Importing raster graphics
- Using a clipping mask
- Tracing an image
- Saving as PDF
- Saving as for web
- Exporting to other Adobe programmes