HTML and CSS are at the core of any website, so understanding exactly how they work and how they combine to create interactive and responsive web content is the main focus of this course.
During the two days, we'll build up your knowledge in the syntax and terminology involved in HTML 5 and how to correctly display any type of content. We’ll then look at how to incorporate external resources within your HTML document and how to structure your document and files so that styles can be applied effectively.
You'll learn how to use CSS to add color and design to your page, work with fonts, and learn about the different methods available to manipulate the layout of your content. We’ll show you the tricks of the trade that will allow you to write your CSS, so that you can style your page exactly how you want with the minimum amount of code required. You’ll also learn how to make your websites responsive, keeping them desktop, mobile and tablet-friendly.
Our HTML & CSS course is available as a private training session that can be delivered via Virtual Classroom or at a location of your choice in Australia.
Who should attend:
If you have little or no previous knowledge of HTML and CSS, but want to be able to create your own website and customize it exactly how you want while making it as user-friendly as possible, then this course is for you.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between the different HTML tags and know when to use them
- Structure your HTML document to allow styles to be applied efficiently
- Create simple and compound styles
- Use CSS to create a responsive design
- Use frameworks to help create beautiful websites quickly
- Text editors and software set-ups
- HTML 5 document overview
- HTML tags How to structure your HTML content
- Simple and complex styles
- Font and color
- Class and id selectors
- CSS comments
- Block and inline elements
- The box model
- Absolute and relative
- Creating a simple navbar
- Rollover, focus and selected styles
- Further navbar styling
- Linking between pages
- Creating your own responsive design
- The Bootstrap framework
- Bootstrap 12 column layout
- Using Bootstrap resources on your site