Whether you’re currently using Google Analytics as your dashboard solution, or perhaps you’ve not yet got experience building dashboards but you realize that your organization needs one, we’ve got you covered.
Looker Studio is Google’s dashboarding / reporting tool that allows you to visualize data from most Google products (and from other tools through using Google Sheets) in an appealing, user-friendly way.
This one-day course is led by our experienced analytics practitioners, who will share with you tips and tricks from their experience working on agency client accounts. From both a technical and a strategic point of view, we’ll help you understand how your organization can get the most out of this free product and tell a story using data.
We’ll make use of a demo Google Analytics account for the practical elements and demonstrations in this course; you’ll be granted access to this on the day.
Our Looker Studio (formerly Data Studio) course is delivered via Virtual Classroom. We also offer it as a private training session that can be delivered virtually or at a location of your choice in the US.
Who should attend:
If you’re curious as to how your organization can get the most out of this free product, and want to gain experience in building dashboards, this course is the ideal first step.
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use Google Analytics and other data sources together to create a dashboard
- Understand the end-to-end dashboard planning process, including KPI setting and wireframing
- Create your own dashboard using Looker Studio’s functionality
- Design clear and concise yet visually appealing dashboards in accordance with best practices and making use of key design principles
- Introduction to data visualization
- Defining dimensions and metrics
- Overview of data sources
- Dashboard building process and measurement planning
- Introduction to data sources
- Native and partner connectors
- Hands-on exercise: connecting to a data source
- Data source field manipulation and aggregation
- Dashboarding interface overview
- Hands-on exercise: creating visualizations
- Introduction to dashboard design principles
- Filters, tabs and data storytelling
- Building a dashboard narrative
- Overview of advanced Data Studio features
- Calculated metrics and dimensions
- Pivot tables and community visualizations
- Adding multiple data sources
- Hands-on exercise: advanced features